NOTE: I am currently fully booked on line editing for summer 2020. For time-sensitive edits, please see my brilliant and capable associates at MS Editors. To be added to my waiting list, fill out this form for a price quote and time estimate.
Substantive Edits are available for your entire manuscript, but I recommend them for the beginning of your novel, your query letter, and your synopsis.
Each includes two passes of your query letter or pitch.
- Pitch or Query only—$45
- First Five: Beginning 5 pages (up to 1,500 words) + Pitch—$75
- First Ten: Beginning 10 pages (up to 2,750 words) + Pitch—$95
- First Fifty: Beginning 50 pages (up to 12,500 words) + Pitch—$345
For Voice Amplifiers, paste your query into the body of an email with the subject line “Voice Amplifier” to querylara [at] gmail [.] com with your pages attached as a .doc, .docx. or .pages document. Please include whether you want the First Five, First Ten, or First Fifty. I will email you a time estimate and invoice.
NOTE: This service is only available to writers who have already purchased a Voice Amplifier.
What it is: Sentence-by-sentence coaching to improve the mechanics, style, and form of your writing (also known as a line edit)
What you get:
- A personal coach to answer your questions about writing and editing
- Your digital manuscript emailed back to you, formatted in standard industry format
- Objective changes made for you using the Track Changes feature
- Explanations for recurring objective changes
- Subjective or stylistic errors marked and explained
- Suggestions for improving style while retaining your unique voice
- A bulleted list of common errors, mistakes, and room for improvement
Does not include:
- Typing services or transfer of a hard copy or audio file to digital media (Document must be received as .doc, .docx, .pages, .rtf, or Google Drive file)
- Research or fact-checking
- Advice on other writing projects
When to get it: Whenever you want to improve your writing at the sentence level AND/OR after your complete manuscript has been critiqued
How much might it cost?On average, $25 per thousand words (round up to the nearest 1,000) after a more in-depth Voice Amplifier edit on the first pages.